Monday, January 4, 2016

The Secret of Happiness

Hey guys! 

This week was a blast! We had such a fun time during New Year’s. We were able to go and cook in the Church after 8 and then head home to celebrate the rest of the night. I cooked orange chicken and chocolate chip cookies for the Elders in the house and we ate like kings! We also had the best nap in the world the next day which made me very happy :)




We have an investigator named Diego and he is the best in the WORLD!!!! He has a date to be baptized on the 23rd and he is loving the lessons so much! He came to church the last couple weeks and he is finding more and more about how the gospel is blessing his life! Yay for the Gospel!!!!

It´s so good to hear that you guys are having so much fun and have these amazing New Year’s goals. I love hearing that my family is trying each and every day to become better in some way. I think it is so cool the way that you are starting your fasts now. It really gets you in the spirit to fast and think about the things that you will be fasting for. Our fasting is a bit different. Because we don´t have dinner here, we start right after lunch on Saturday. It is really hard especially during summer. It is hot, humid, and we have to work in it all day Saturday without food or water. But that has been a real testimony builder to me during the mission. I have felt strength from the Lord while I am out working to get through and not have to worry about eating or drinking. I really truly testify that without fail you can and will always be able to fast however long you need to as long as you are doing it with the right attitude. That includes, being happy about it and thinking about the things you are fasting for, spending time in the scriptures, praying and nearing yourself to God in any way possible. He will put His efforts with yours. I was fasting this week for you guys actually and for the spirit to guide you all in your paths. I don´t know exactly what it going on with everyone but I know that there are good times and hard times still at home.

I have had some really neat experiences with the guidance of the spirit this week. There is no way I would be able to grow and learn without it. With this New Year we are all making goals to better ourselves as a family and I know that with this guidance of the spirit we can do anything we put our mind to. 

One of my goals for this New Year starts with a smile. Yes that is right: BEING HAPPY! Seriously, that is the key to getting though anything. Choosing happiness. Here on the mission, you can go from having 3 baptismal dates, 4 new investigators, and appointments every hour ...to 0 dates, fallen investigators, and all appts. canceled in about a day....the question is, how you are going to react to that. There are 2 options, option A: be mad, and complain, or Option B: look at everything that can go good from it and how you can fix the problem. There is always a choice. I have learned very fast the outcomes of both decisions and I can tell you right now that option B is the way to go. There is a talk that I read this last week that I love so much. I found it in the Liahona. It was talking all about how you can achieve this state of happiness and help others around you to feel it too. It is by Henry B. Eyring and it is called Happiness For the Ones You Love. I would definitely read it if you guys have time. 

I would just like to say that I love you so much and I am so glad and grateful for you prayers and fasting. I have felt your strength and have felt your love. Don´t ever forget that I am always praying for you. Thank you for everything and I hope you all have an amazing week! Ciao!

Love,

Elder Callister

No comments:

Post a Comment