Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy New Year from Chile

Hello everyone!

This week was absolutely crazy! We had so much to do during the week. First of all it was Christmas and we also had a branch conference to prepare for. When that happens we are doing activities all during the week. So all of that is added on to the work that we normally do. We had no time to do anthing extra. Becase we had so many activities we felt like we had a lot of time wasted. But that is just how Christmas week goes. We had a really good time talking about the things we could do better as a companionship so that we could help others even more. One of the biggest things was just to always look at the bright side. When people see that we are optimistic they will want to go help too. We had a few times during the week that were a bit "down in the dumps". We realized very quickly that when our attitude was down everything else and everyone else around us was pulled down with us. The mission is not easy and it is so easy to fall into this trap, but I know and testify that as we are pushing through with faith we know that God will fill in the rest and put His strength with our efforts, we can and will receive all the blessings from everything that we do. 

The other thing I have realized during my whole mission is that love is the strongest and most powerful thing anyone could ever have. The reason that I came out on a mission was to learn to love others as Christ does. Love to your companion, to your friends, family and especially to your Father in Heaven. The way that we show this love is through service to others. The happiness that comes from service is the greatest in the world and each and every one of us has the opportunity to experience it too. Yesterday we were out to go give the Sacrament to two people who were very old and not doing so well in their health. Before we went I was just thinking to myself why we had to do this and why couldn’t someone else in the ward do it. It was far and we had other plans in mind. Then the spirit hit my like a load of bricks and told me to go and do it anyway, but do it with a smile. So we went and visited with them. The whole time I didn´t even think about anything else because I felt so much love for these people. They are children of God and each and every one of us is here to serve and love one another. 

This work has changed my life so much and my gratitude goes to my family, friends and my Heavenly Father. Thank you so much for your examples and for the love you have for one another. I hope all goes well this week and that you are able to share this love with someone. Much love from Chile!

Love,

Elder Callister




No comments:

Post a Comment