Sunday, April 10, 2016

Elder Callister is beautiful?? :)


Hola amigos!

This week has been probably the craziest of the mission!

To start off,

I was called as a district leader and started right off the bat with the new curriculum and training. I will be giving a capacitation this week with Elder Haynes, (my father in the mission) who is now living with me. We are just one big happy family in Traiguen!
I received a brand new companion (my kid). His name is Elder Rodrigues. He is from Brazil. He barely speaks English....so I am learning Portuguese. This will be fun :)

We had general conference this weekend and it was incredible to listen to the prophets and apostles with such a different mindset. I had many questions in my mind and all of them were answered through the talks. 

We had so many great experiences this week with following the spirit in the streets. I would like to testify that through obedience and loving heart, the spirit will speak to you through thoughts and feelings and will guide you through all that you do in life. 

We had just finished conference and we went running to a house of a member to a Family Home Evening and visit with their family members who are not members. They ended up not being there so we went running to another house that we had for a backup plan. We were walking down the sidewalk talking about what we had learned in conference. Right as we were talking about President Monson and his simple, yet beautiful testimony, we passed a little old lady who looked at us with the most beautiful smile. We took about 2 steps past her and immediately we stopped, looked at each other, and returned. The spirit began to work with in us as we talked to her. I could feel inspired questions and thoughts in my mind and began to ask them to her. She just looked at us and kept expressing that she could see a light in the both of us, that we were angels sent to here, and that we looked so beautiful. Now, I look at myself in the mirror every day and I can tell you that beautiful would not be an adjective in my vocabulary to express my looks...but I know and I can tell you that she did feel the presence of the spirit and she recognized that we were servants and representatives of Jesus Christ. I just wanted to give her the biggest hug in the world. We ended up setting a time to come back and visit where we will be able to talk and teach. The Spirit is real; it has saved my life and it is the only way that we can understand and know real truth. I am so grateful for the spirit in my life and I hope that you all will take what was said in this last weekend and use it to bring the spirit in your life as well.

I love you all and hope that your week is amazing and full of the spirit!

Love,

Elder Callister

 

No comments:

Post a Comment