Friday, July 22, 2016

The Doctrine of Christ

 

 
Hey Yáll!

This week was pretty rough. It definitely was not the best one of all my weeks here but at the same time not the worst, so I am counting my blessings! :) My companion is finishing his mission pretty soon and it has been a bit difficult lately with the last little bit. There are so many things that you still want to do here on the mission and you meet so many people that you respect and love. Leaving it all is like giving a kid a lolly pop and then ripping it out of his mouth when he's only half way done. Not cool man...but it has to come. The end of everything always will come. I was thinking about that the other day and now that I am here at the year mark of my mission it is starting to creep up on me as well. Though the thought of leaving the mission after 2 years is pretty rough, the greater thought is the reason why we are doing the work. Creating the paths for eternal families is the greatest work that I have ever been able to take part in. It has completely changed my life. The mission is probably the best place to learn and understand the greatness of these blessings and how it really is the greatest blessing God can ever give us. I think of you all on a regular basis and it makes me so happy to know that you are doing the same work, the work of our Lord and our God.

My focus in the mission has been a lot on how we can apply the doctrine of Christ to our lives each and every day. This is what we teach over and over and over again everyday every hour every minute. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end; I have thought much about these steps and how we can apply them daily in our lives. What does this mean as far as what we must do as children and servants of our Savior, Jesus Christ? I was studying in Doctrine and Covenants 4 in verse 3 where it says that if we have desires to serve God we are called to the work. When we take up the name of Christ and follow his example in any way we are showing to God that we are willing to serve Him and share what we know with others. Everyone is a missionary. Does not matter if you have a missionary badge or not. We are all called to preach the gospel. I know that as we live the gospel according to the doctrine given to us by our brother Jesus Christ, we will receive the blessings promised by our Heavenly Father. I invite each and every one of you to think of someone who does not have the blessings of the Restored gospel and invite them to come and see and partake of these blessings promised by our Father in Heaven. I know and testify that as you do you will come to a better understanding of the Gospel and of our Father and His son Jesus Christ. I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of your examples to me here on the mission. I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Elder Callister

Burgerfest!!






No comments:

Post a Comment