Friday, July 22, 2016

Opposition

Hey guys!!!

I love your letters! They give me such a huge boost in the week! It is so cool to see how you all are progressing in life and that you are doing it with the help of your Savior and your Father in Heaven.

This week has been a big rollercoaster week! Lots of ups and downs, loopty loops, and whatsoever corkscrew. A mix of craziness and a ton of fun at the same time! First off I love the mission so much! It is the greatest place to grow in your relationship with your Heavenly Father. 

This week consisted of much prayer, fasting and a ton of work in the street. Through all of this I have been able to see miracles in my life. These blessings have been granted upon me all because of one reason...opposition. 

This week my studies have been super focused on the reality of temptation, sin and opposition. I talk to so many people during the day, nice people though unfortunately they are completely blinded by the sly works of temptation. 

In my studies I looked up the definition of temptation;

Test, try, or prove.
Seduce or lead towards evil.
Provoke to anger.

I see these effects in my life every single day. Whether it be in my own life or others. It has such a huge effect on us and it changes us. It is terrible at times and feels so over bearing, but why so much temptation?

In the Spanish scriptures it says that temptation is the test of the capacity of a person to choose good from evil. Unfortunately, we all fall....and it´s not fun. Some might ask why does God let us fall so much in our lives.

Well.. "Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have joy."

We must experience pain to feel the joy of our loving Father in Heaven. In the book of Hebrews it explains how Christ overcame this temptation throughout His whole life and on through the atonement. "This that the word might be fulfilled" and that He might “succor" His people. 

I want to testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He has suffered all that we have, are, and ever will suffer and this so that we might have eternal happiness. The word Succor literally means "to run to" and as I read this I know and testify to you all that as we are trying to follow our Savior, He is running out to us help in each and every way. I love you all and hope that you will apply the atonement in your lives this week. I know you will feel the love of God. Have a great week!!!

Love, 

Elder Callister

No comments:

Post a Comment