Sunday, August 16, 2015

Letter from 7/28/15

I am doing great this week! It went by so stinkin’ fast! I've been super busy this week and have had so much fun teaching and learning the language. 

My Spanish is coming along great and I love the people here. Los Latinos son incredible y me encanta hablar con ellos. They have such a sweet spirit and love talking to all the gringos ;)

I'm feeling really good now. The day after i wrote yáll last week I woke up with tonsillitis and rhinitis. It sucked...but I feel a lot better now. A nasty stomach bug is going around here and tons of missionaries are down with it. I've been making sure to wash my hands a bunch and use lots and lots of hand sanitizer. Está bien.



This week I learned a lot about patience. Elder Andrew's is a great guy and wants to do good, but he doesn't always want to work or study or doing any of the above. It was hard because I was in such a go go go attitude and it felt like it was dragging the whole time. Our lessons with the investigators went well but I feel it could have gone better. He's a good guy and I love him, I just want him to want to do better. I know he can.

So the funniest thing that happened this week was when Elder Haymore and Elder Coulotta went to teach our investigator and they were teaching about the prophet. He tells him: Alejandro, it is very important in our day to follow the prophet. So all of a sudden he takes out his phone while they are still talking to him and then he says: look! He had pulled up Pres. Monson's twitter page and said he would "follow'' the prophet. jajaja It was ridiculous.

Elder Coulotta has made a big impact on me this week. He has shown me what a great example of a missionary was and how to be the best you can be. I asked him to give me a blessing when I got sick and he was kind of taken back because he had never given a blessing before. He and his companion both helped with it and all the others stood around and helped. It was a really cool experience. 

I love this work! I love you so much and I am so glad to be able to get your letters! I hope you have a great week this week and I will talk to you next Tuesday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment